16 Aug 2015
PRESERVATION ENGINEER (Site Based Role)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field
- 7-10 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects
- Must be familiar with a variety of the discipline's concepts, practices and procedures
- Duties & Responsibilities will include;
- Develop suite of preservation checklists, routines and procedures consistent with the preservation philosophy and Strategy
- Ensure compliances with storage, preservation and protection requirements of all static and rotating machinery equipment, spares, instruments etc. at site including warehouse.
- Witness and verify Contractor preservation activities through all project phases (Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and start up).
- Review of vendor specific preservation procedures and requirements of static and rotating equipment and ensure implementation.
- Provide Technical input and approval for Contractor Preservation and pipe cleanliness Procedures during Construction phase, and manage the process during Commissioning phase.
- Carry out Gap analysis, identify supplier weaknesses in preservation plans and propose corrective action.
- Supervise and guide personnel where necessary (Contractors, warehouse etc).
- Prepare, maintain and control tools and consumables required for preservation activities.
- Liaise with Completion Management Team to develop and populate the Preservation management database included in GoCCMS system to:
- Maintain preservation matrix/catalogue/check sheets/tracking register for all identified items requiring preservation.
- Review the preservation records and inspect equipment to ensure that preservation maintenance is performed to the approved standards during construction and commissioning phases.
- Implement and Maintain a Preservation Records System to demonstrate compliance to the preservation regime and assure integrity of plant and equipment.
- Liaise with Commissioning to ensure that critical preservation is not compromised by commissioning procedures
- Engage with Management, Engineering and Operations & Commissioning to establish expectations and requirements.
- Report to FPD Manager
- Mobilize to site location on a rostered engagement (Oman)
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to produce written reports and procedures
- Ability to interact with all discipline engineering (Mechanical-Electrical-Instrument Engineers & Technicians)
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Deep understanding of engineering and Process Flow drawings/diagrams
- Engineering Qualification, Degree Qualified (HNC/HND considered with appropriate experience)
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Preservation and cleanliness process
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas/petrochemical/power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:
- Involvement with Engineering Contractor and Suppliers in all project phases