08 Sep 2015
1. Scope of Responsibilities
Directs and manages all activities related to contractual, legal and commercial issues including:
(i)Overseeing the commercial function for Contracts and Subcontracts with Clients and Subcontractors;
(ii)Ensure compliance with commercial procedures and that best practice is established, and promote continual improvement to protect Company's commercial position;
(iii)Ensure there are adequate commercial resources within the commercial team to meet the needs of the project(s);
(iv)Ensure all commercial team members have clear roles, responsibilities, accountability and established authority levels;
(v)Compilation and presentation of claims management strategies and proactively work with each project/region to understand current commercial issues and provide guidance and direction on commercial matters to achieve a satisfactory resolution of all claims/issues.
(vi)Partake and lead where applicable in the Risk and Opportunity review process including, identification, mitigation and management of contractual/legal risks.
(vii)Manage and guide contract/subcontract managers on all aspects of post award commercial matters including but not limited to: claims analysis/ management /strategy formulation/negotiation.
2. Primary Duties
• Support decision-making at Company level in conjunction with executive management in strategic decisions and Contract and Subcontract risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the post award stage;
• Participate as a member of the Post Award Risk Review Committee;
• Supervises all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to company business, contracts with clients, partnering agreements and Subcontractors during the post award stage;
• Ensure a consistent and disciplined approach to the administration of all contracts and subcontracts being executed within a Region;
• Provide training and guidance as required, to ensure commercial functions comply with Company procedures;
• Provide guidance regarding legal diligence in new jurisdictions;
• Provide advice on legal issues affecting the Company's business, during the post award stage of a Project;
• Ensure that the key contract and subcontract terms and conditions are understood by the Project Commercial Team upon award of a Contract or Subcontract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place from the Pre Award Team;
• Provide guidance on any required interface / interaction with Company’s corporate dispute management team, Group Legal and external law firms during post award stage;
• Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures during post award stage;
• Attend/support internal and external audits as required;
• Provide guidance to develop and monitor relevant Commercial KPI’s;
• Mentor and develop the Commercial team including advice on suitable training programs for all personnel in the team.
•A graduate university degree in Law, Business Administration or Engineering.
•Minimum 20 years of work experience in tendering, finalization, administration and management of Contracts and Subcontracts.
•Have considerable knowledge of contract law, contract management, financial management of projects, project controls, risk management principles, principle of insurance.
•Have demonstrated skills in strategy formulation, negotiation, relationship building, team building, and communication, coaching/mentoring.
•Be competent in providing advice on contracts and other legal document interpretation, and able to co-ordinate, gather, analyze and understand complex information.
•Have experience in International markets, (preferably in the GCC).
•Possess strong dispute resolution and claim management experience.
•Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with Clients, Partners, Subcontractors and Company staff.
•Able to converse and present subject matter to Company Senior Management in an effective and confident manner.
•Possess excellent project management and time management skills.
•Must be able to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve Company goals.
•Must have strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
•Can communicate proficiently and professionally in spoken and written English